Diabetes Support Group (Dunlap)
June 19 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every month that begins at 12:00 pm on day Third of the month, repeating until December 31, 2019
Diabetes Facts according to the CDC:
- More than 30 million people in the United States have diabetes, and 1 in 4 of them don’t know they have it.
- More than 84 million US adults—over a third—have prediabetes, and 90% of them don’t know they have it.
- Diabetes is the 7th leading cause of death in the United States (and may be underreported).
- Type 2 diabetes accounts for about 90% to 95% of all diagnosed cases of diabetes; type 1 diabetes accounts for about 5%.
- In the last 20 years, the number of adults diagnosed with diabetes has more than tripled as the American population has aged and become more overweight or obese.