ATTENTION: If you got a COVID-19 test at Open Cities and received a bill, YOU ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYING IT. The bills were sent in error and you do not owe anything for your test, whether you are insured or uninsured. If you have any questions and would like to speak to our billing company, please call (833) 945-0999
Keeping our community safe and healthy is our priority. Due to COVID-19 we are adjusting/suspending some of our services. Please see them below:
- Dunlap hours: Monday-Friday: 8am – 5pm
- North End hours: Monday & Wednesday: 8am – 5pm
- Saturday clinic and Tuesday/Thursday evening clinic will be suspended effective March 27th.
- Dental services are available Wednesday, Thursday and Fridays only at Dunlap. Dental services will only be available by appt only until further notice.
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms, such as cough or difficulty breathing, call your healthcare provider for medical advice or Open Cities at (651) 290-9200.
If you develop emergency warning signs for COVID-19 get medical attention immediately. Emergency warning signs include*:
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion or inability to arouse
- Bluish lips or face
*This list is not all inclusive. Please consult your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning.
There is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus.
The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
- These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
- Some recent studies have suggested that COVID-19 may be spread by people who are not showing symptoms.
- Avoid close contact. Put 6 feet of distance between yourself and people who don’t live in your household
- CALL AHEAD if you are going to seek medical attention.
- Wear a face mask to cover your mouth and nose when around others
- Cover your cough/sneezes, etc.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds.
- Frequently disinfect surfaces you touch daily.
- Call your healthcare provider or Open Cities at 651.290.9200 if your illness is worsening (e.g., difficulty breathing).
- Before seeking care, call your healthcare provider and tell them that you have, or are being evaluated for, COVID-19.
COVID-19 Drive-Up Testing on Dunlap Street.
Call (651) 251-5967 for appts.
Non COVID-19 Appointments,
please check in on main level. Follow Bigelow and enter parking lot.
We offer COVID-19 tests BY APPOINTMENT at our Dunlap location.
A telehealth appointment will be conducted first to schedule COVID-19 test. Telehealth consent forms can be found here.
Must be 3 years or older.
Symptomatic patients will be prioritized
You may be eligible for testing
- if you have developed one or more of the following symptoms or these symptoms have worsened in the past 14 days.
- shortness of breath
- unexplained muscle aches
- sore throat
- loss of taste/smell
- asymptomatic healthcare workers, front line staff and volunteers, first responders, law enforcement
- anyone who has attended a large scale gathering or rally
- Pre-op evaluation (serologic testing is not universally accepted)
- Prior to aerosolized dental procedures for OCHC dental patients
If you believe you may have coronavirus, please isolate yourself at home and call our hotline (651) 251-5967. We will advise you on next steps, including whether you should be tested, based on your symptoms.
We are not doing antibody testing at this time. We are currently focusing our efforts and resources on testing that can diagnose or exclude COVID-19 infection.
Testing and Initial Evaluation Services for COVID-19 are covered under patients health insurance, and or the Sliding Fee Program at Open Cities Health Center. No charges will be billed to the patient for these services. For billing questions, email email@example.com
CDC Official Updates on COVID-19 (CDC)
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) (Minnesota Department of Health)
Emergency Preparedness & Recovery Resources for Health Centers (HRSA)
COVID-19 FAQs for Health Centers (HRSA)
NACHC COVID-19 Resource Page for Health Centers (NACHC)
The Health Center Response to COVID-19 (NACHC)